Friday, January 4, 2008

The Year I Got Married


Hello All,

This is the first of my weekly blogs leading up to the big day, my wedding. I figured there are plenty of blogs and websites out there devoted to the woman's side of this matrimonial process so why not dedicate my time to telling the fella's side of the story.

As of today, we have most of the major aspects planned out. We have booked both places for the ceremony and reception and we have the DJ and the florist booked. Next we have to book a reverend, a bakery for the cake, and finalize our wedding party.

I never realized so much work went into planning an event like this. Luckily for me, I have a fiance who is well organized and motivated to get everything planned out. Unfortunately for her, she has a finance who isn't as organized and is absentminded.

Most husband's will tell you that they stayed out of the whole process and just let their lovely brides take on the brunt of the planning but I wanted to be different. I wanted to be involved as much as possible. But as I soon found out, I didn't know squat about planning a wedding.

When asked my opinion about something, I felt like a liberal arts major trying to make it in the business world, clueless. How was I supposed to know that certain flowers are only available in the winter? Shouldn't flowers be more abundant when the sun is shining and the ground isn't covered in four inches of ice?

As of now, I am still motivated to help out as much as possible, if only to scratch my blissful curiosity but am aware of when to just step back and watch my bride-to-be run the show.



COUNTDOWN TO W-DAY

205 days and rearing to go!

1 comment:

lauren + chad said...

I can be your reverend :)